Staying healthy during the wintertime can be quite a challenge when faced with cold weather conditions. For many, it’s a time to hibernate, but with less sunlight and a lack of physical activity taking place, it’s easy to fall prey to the dreaded cold and flu season. Consider this your new go-to guide for maintaining health throughout the winter season.
- Take Preventative Measures: Wash your hands often and thoroughly. A good lather with warm water for about 30 seconds is recommended. It’s also not a bad idea to pick up some extra hand sanitizer and get an annual flu shot with so many illnesses going around. Try to keep your hands away from your face as well because many germs tend to enter through the mouth and nasal passages.
- Invest in Winter Wellness: Products like Lemon Manuka Honey Lozenges are a great way to strengthen your natural defense system. This all-natural formula is made up of unique properties designed to soothe uncomfortable winter ailments.
- Bundle Up: While it may be tempting to check the mailbox in your bathrobe for a quick minute, sudden changes in temperature can lower the body’s natural defenses. Whenever indoors, be sure to keep your feet warm, too. A thick pair of socks can actually help warm the entire body.
- Nutrition and Nourishment: The time for holiday sweets has come and gone. With the new year ahead, make a commitment to maintain a healthy diet loaded with fruits and vegetables. Your body will thank you.
- Get Physical: Find a physical activity you love. Don’t like going to the gym? Put on your favorite tunes and dance around the living room. House need some sprucing up? Replace a workout an hour of rigorous housecleaning instead. Not only will this benefit physical health, but mental health as well. Some studies have shown that happy people are less likely to succumb to sickness, so get moving!
With these five steps in mind, anyone can beat those winter blues and feel their best all season long. It’s a new year, so let’s make it count! Take care of yourselves- and each other.