Yummy and healthy treats for the kids? Make them these yummy honey gummies – they are sure to ask for more!
Kids Honey Gummies
- 1 1/2 cups fruit and/or vegetable juice (beetroot, kiwifruit, carrot+Lemon)
- 4 tablespoons plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons Comvita Manuka Honey
- 15ml Comvita Olive Leaf Extract, Natural.
- Pour juice into a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let sit for a few minutes until it starts to “bloom” (it will get wrinkly looking on the surface and all of the white powder from the gelatin will absorb into the liquid).
- When all the gelatin is absorbed, whisk to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Let the liquid warm through, but never boil. You are looking for the liquid to go from thick to thin and runny.
- Once all of the gelatin has dissolved Remove from heat, whisk in your Comvita’s Manuka Honey, and add Comvita’s Olive leaf extract natural for an extra boost of goodness.
- Pour into molds (molded ice trays or flat tin) refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Remove from molds. If you used the flat tin, cut into shapes.
- Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Create your own colours: Red/Pink: Beetroot, red berries and carrots. Orange: Carrots, oranges, dash of lemon juice Yellow: Mango, Yellow capsicum, dash of lemon juice. Green: Kale, Spinnach, kiwifruit, cucumber, apple or lime Purple: Purple carrots, blackberries and blueberries.
More recipes you might like: